In 1997, Edzo was appointed as a Fire Fighter/EMT to the Boston Fire Department.
Edzo still works on Ladder Company 17, which in 2014, was the busiest comany in the City of Boston. Ladder 17 has been one of busiest trucks in Boston since the 1950's.
During his last eighteen years of service, Edzo has responded to numerous types of calls.
Ladder 17's First Alarm District placed Edzo “first due” at various types or fires and uniquely challenging incidents, including:
• High-rise fires
• Muli-level brick project style building fires
• Brownstone style occupancy fires
• Conventional wood frame & “three decker” style residential fires
• Below grade fire in the harbor outfall tunnel 10 miles below Boston Harbor
• Light & heavy rail subway car derailments, crashes and fires
• numerous multiple alarm fires in multiple buildings, several with the potential for confligration.